At Simple Coffee House, we want your event to be a success! In order for that to happen, it is important that we are clear about our terms and conditions from the offset.
Simple Coffee House services are hired under the terms and conditions set out below and as described in the relevant corresponding documentation (ie. Invoice, quote and / or written acceptance of terms). The payment by any person of any fees and charges for such services shall be deemed to be an acknowledgment and acceptance by such person of these conditions.
- Online Ordering
All online orders are considered confirmed once the order is received and payment made. Changes to the order can only be made via direct contact with Simple Coffee House via phone or email no later than 72 hours prior to the date and time of your event.
The Simple Coffee House team will develop a quote for you based on your individual requirements. This written quotation will remain valid for 30 days from date of issue. In the instance that the event brief alters, we will review and reissue the quotation.
While all attempts are made to maintain published prices, they may be subject to change at the discretion of Simple Coffee House. If prices differ, the client will be informed before the event date. Prices quoted include GST unless otherwise specified.
- Confirmation of Booking
Simple Coffee House considers confirmation of the event upon payment of the requested deposit and / or full balance by the due date specified. Failure to adhere to this procedure may result in Simple Coffee House being forced to cancel our catering services.
- Payment Terms
As many costs are incurred prior to the event date, Simple Coffee House has the following payment terms:
- A deposit, based on a minimum of 50% of total quotation costs, is required to confirm your event.
- For Pre-Approved Corporate clients (ABN applicable) full payment of all known costs is payable on the date of your event date.
- For private client’s full prepayment of all known costs is payable 7 days prior to the event date.
- Payment can be made by direct deposit, Credit Card or cash. All credit card transactions will incur a 1.7% transaction fee.
- Outstanding accounts may incur a charge of an additional 10% of the total invoice.
In the instance that you need to cancel your event, the following conditions will apply:
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- If cancellation occurs more than 7 days prior to the event date, 100% of the deposit will be refunded. If cancellation occurs less than 72 hours prior to the event date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- Where circumstances beyond Simple Coffee House control prevent Simple Coffee House from fulfilling any obligations, Simple Coffee House will be released from this agreement without penalty and will refund all monies paid.
- Confirmation of Guest Numbers
- To ensure maximum value and efficiency for you, Simple Coffee House requires confirmation of final numbers attending your event at least 7 days prior to the event date, or 21 days for weddings.
- If the confirmed number of guests increases Simple Coffee House will endeavour to accommodate any requests at late notice but are unable to give a guarantee.
- Slippage Clause – Simple Coffee House reserves the right to requote on revised numbers. Should numbers reduce by 10% of the proposal.
- Staff Charges where applicable
- Should the event brief fall outside our minimum numbers or package costing, a service charge will apply. These charges will be calculated on an individual event basis.
- Events finishing past midnight will incur a service charge, charged per hour or part thereof. If additional staff are requested a charge may apply.
- Surcharges will apply for all events held on public holidays (15%), this surcharge is calculated on the total food and beverage spend.
- Simple Coffee House is not liable for any loss or damage sustained by the client or by any person, firm or corporation supplying any client. The client shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to any venue booked by the client and Simple Coffee House buildings, furniture, fittings and equipment arising out of and in the course of the client’s events.
- With regards to smoke detectors and fire systems in buildings where Simple Coffee House is engaged, we recommend that such systems are isolated in areas where we are required to cater and heat foods and accept no responsibility in the event that a smoke detector is triggered due to our normal duties of delivering and managing an event.
- Charges post event
- Simple Coffee House prepares an event order for every event that we are involved with, excluding pick up or drop off catering. The event order outlines our arrival times and departure times and if the event runs over time through no fault of Simple Coffee House, we reserve the right to charge for additional costs that are incurred such as staffing fees. Staff fees are charged in hourly blocks or part thereof.
Payment of any fees and charges to Simple Coffee House for services shall be deemed to be an acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.